[lit-ideas] Re: moral high ground

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:30:59 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Lawrence Helm
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 2/15/2006 1:17:34 PM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: moral high ground

Notice that Irene continues to excoriate the U.S. military despite the fact
that the crime that set her off was perpetrated by British soldiers.

Lawrence, if all of your reading is this simple minded, no wonder you're such a
warrior.  I did not know (got that? did not know) when I wrote about the
beating of the Iraqi children that it was those civilized British who did it.
Nor did I know it was from two years ago.  Robert Paul cleared that up, and I
acknowledged my error.  If you didn't understand that, then how much faith are
we to have in the rest of your reading?  Regarding Omar's being an Islamist,
maybe that just demonstrates the hazards of painting everyone with a broad
brush.

Lawrence