[lit-ideas] Re: [lit-ideas] Here's an attitude towards death …

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 23:41:41 -0500

Chris Bruce wrote:

The current edition of the German weekly Die Zeit contains the following quotation from Robert Gernhardt (who died on June 30th). At first it seemed to me a wonderfully comic bit of 'whistling in the dark', but has since grown considerably in my estimation; so much so that it now significantly colours my own attitude towards death.

You might like the novel KLEINZEIT, about someone facing death through the door. He imagines death the horror of the movies, but death turns out to be like a small chimpanzee.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lisle, IL, USA