[lit-ideas] Re: influencing elections?

  • From: "carol kirschenbaum" <cskir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 03:28:46 -0700

Ha--you fell for it already. A terrorist threat: another Bush ploy to keep
those swing votes from venturing out. Maybe an excuse to cancel elections.
(Would we put that past this admin?)  Since Eric has already stated the
obvious, I'll merely add to it. A terrorist strike on US soil (homeland)
would show, again, that Bush hasn't adequately protected this nation in any
sense. Dems benefit--unless, of course, Dems get stupid (there's this
tendency...) and Bushies spin the whole deal in some fancy-schmancy way and
maybe the Dem candidate gets knocked off.

Frankly, I don't see anything outrageous about that scenario, unfortunately.
I tried to devise a really wacko bioterrorism plot for a military suspense
novel I edited, and it turns out that I came up with a scenario that
resembles Americana in a certain Iraqi prison. Hell, even my off-the-wall
bioterror weapon exists as a rare virus. I tell you, it's getting really
tough to devise fictional catastrophes and conspiracies these days.
later in Bosnia,
Carol