[lit-ideas] cartoons

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:05:53 -0500

Okay, I finally waded through this huge discussion and found the pics in questions. I agree with Phil Enns that the reason that most of them are confusing and pointless is explained by the fact that they were in large part, just done to demonstrate that one COULD draw Muhammad.

But... Phil doesn't think any of the cartoons are funny. I think ONE is definitely funny. Picture this: Muhammad at the gates of paradise with a line of suicide bombers (still smouldering) trekking up the clouds and Muhammad is saying "Stop, Stop, we've run out of virgins". THAT'S fucking funny!!!

That doesn't attack all muslims. That specifically targets the ridiculous beliefs of SOME strident whacked-out islamists who gladly blow themselves up because of what THEY think the teachings of Muhammad are -- that you will get a pile of virgins etc. For _A_ regular muslim to take offense is just wrong-headed. Suicide bombers SHOULD be pointed at and mocked and laughed and shamed.

Paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada