[lit-ideas] Re: california earthquake? -- breaking news

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 16:44:54 -0700

Well, let me tell you about it.  I was out in back sanding a hiking stick when
I started to feel extremely wobbly and unsteady on my feet.   I suspected first
that I was having a dizzy spell for some unknown reason.  My second guess was
my glasses.  Maybe it was time to get some new ones.  Then I saw some tools
attached to hooks on the fence swaying back and forth.

The report said the earthquake was 6.9 and occurred 108 miles south of Tijuana.

Susan was in the kitchen when I walked in and she asked me whether it had
stopped yet.  She said it was the worst one she'd felt since we moved to San
Jacinto.  I don't know about that, but it was interesting.

Lawrence