[lit-ideas] Re: california earthquake? -- breaking news

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 18:52:12 -0700

The 'breaking news' banner appeared on our local news around 5:15 (PDT) followed by a telephone on-the-scene report from a Portland State geology professor who happened to somewhere near Los Angeles; I switched to CNN which had very good coverage, including a nice explanation of what had happened and of earthquakes in general from a woman at Cal Tech. The figure given in all these reports was 7.2.

http://tinyurl.com/yzzccoz

http://tinyurl.com/yet635d

I'm glad that Lawrence and his wife are safe and sound.

Robert Paul

Thank you, Lawrence. I was concerned, particularly as an initial report (that a large earthquake had hit California) was followed by silence, I had a figure of 6.9 but thought the epicentre was in California, it seems it was in Baja California.