[lit-ideas] Re: academia - heavy marketing without substance and MP3/IPod comment

  • From: eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:22:05 -0500

Hi,
I think more of Phoenix University. Or,?the huge market, now, in
colleges/universities who promise a BA/BS in one year if you have a community
college degree or two-years in a college.?The marketing for those schools,
espcially the for-profit ones,?is incredible. Not sure about the quality of the
education of those coming out, though I understand that they are trying a bit
harder with more quality control than they used to do.
?

Donal, we had the?same experience with a generic MP3 player. I cannot remember
what we did to fix it.? So, I don't think it is just the IPod.???I think my son
figured it out--but it took us a while and we were both frustrated--and wanted
to go purchase an IPod because surely IT would have been easier and we would be
able to listen the music once it was disconnected from the computer.? I think
it might be the useres <g> or the computer, as you mentioned.

Best
Marlena in Missouri

Pop academia, based on heavy
marketing, without substance? The academic subject that comes to mind would
be "The Institute for Paris Hilton Studies".

http://webmail.aol.com