[lit-ideas] Re: Wikipedia

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 22:14:39 -0500

JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

This was the sentence that leapt out at me --
<>"Larry Sanger proposes a fine distinction between knowledge that is useful and knowledge that is reliable,"
Anyone wanna talk about epistemology, ontology, and teleology?

The world is changing so fast that "ontology" ain't what it used to be. IBM now has an "ontology management system" for those of you who want to manage your ontologies. Look here:

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/snobase

Of course, to MANAGE your ontologies, you first have to DEVELOP them. IBM has you covered:

http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/semanticstk

I don't think there is much of a discussion of Aristotle or Heidegger on the website, however...

"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence and ignorance." -------------------------------------------------
John Wager john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lisle, IL, USA