[lit-ideas] Re: Welsh "Glas" (Was: The Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:28:56 -0700

I find it a bit odd that several of you continue to talk about "grue". That issue was analysed to death decades ago by Anglo-saxon philosophers and linguists.

I gave a good example of Julie's inability to distinguish computer code. She can see the characters that make up the code, but she can't see the code. It's just gibberish to her.

There are plenty of other examples that don't require aborigines in Wales or Australia.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com