[lit-ideas] Re: Wednesday Poem, Knowing About the Shooting

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:42:08 -0700

I couldn't think of anything to do next,
so I bought a book,
"Ghost Dancing on the Cracker Circuit; The Culture of Festivals in the American South."

I'm hoping it will arrive soon, like Godot.

I recall asking my Indian friend,
when he revealed that in his country people have multiple gods,
and he asserted that there was a god of everything,
whether there was a god of the toilet?

People visiting our bathroom can never find the next new roll of toilet paper.
They seem to believe it is illogical to look up.
It's possible I do too.

I suppose you think that by now I'd know.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon