[lit-ideas] War, then and now: Libya

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas " <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:06:49 -0700

I was typing up old poems and putting them in a folder when I came to
"Horace and the Preparation for war."
http://www.lawrencehelm.com/2010/08/horace-and-preparation-for-war.html

Lefty, aka Billy Blogblather, didn't object to that representation of his
ideas, if I recall correctly; so I can't help but wonder what he thinks of
Obama's bombing of Libya.  Lefty, as was the case with most of Western
Europe, heralded Obama as the inaugurator of world peace and
Welfare-Stateism.  Western Europe has made the transition from anti-war,
anti-Bush, to pro-war against Libya much as Obama has, but I wonder about
Lefty.  Did he make the transition as well?

See blog note,
http://www.lawrencehelm.com/2011/04/war-then-and-now-libya.html

Lawrence