[lit-ideas] Re: War, then and now: Libya

  • From: Judith Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 18:46:35 +0100 (BST)

>  Western Europe has made the transition from anti-war, anti-Bush, to pro-war
>against >Libya much as Obama has,

this is not quite accurate.  The French Government led on this -- and French
pilots bravely led the attack before anti-aircraft guns were put out of action
by US/UK Cruise missiles -- but the French and British governments don't speak
for all Europe, or even, all their own people.

you quote Hanson

But now the wily Obama has out-waited even the French. He has managed to shame
them into acting,
<<<<<<<<<

disgraceful.

I agree the US got the Security Council Resolution it wanted.  It could pose as
simply obeying a UN Resolution, and shows every sign of copping out -- early.
It can try to evade Arab hostility by whining "the French did it".

Hanson, again

•War-mongering liberals. Liberals are now chest-thumping about military
"progress" in Libya

some, yes.  Some, not.

> to pro-war against Libya

and perhaps we should see it that way