[lit-ideas] Re: Vote Bush if...

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:24:48 +0900

On 2004/10/30, at 21:59, JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

> You guys tell it to Theoria (Tom Hart et al) -- I'm afraid to.  A hand
>  would
> likely come through my computer monitor and rip my head off.  I keep
> trying
> to figure out how to explain to my kids why all their Christian
> friends'
> parents are for Bush (or have I mentioned this already?).  The
> Baptists  because
> he's an alleged Evangelical; the Catholics because of the stem cell
> and  right
> to life issues.  <sigh>

Do be sure they know, however, that not all Christians are pro-Bush.
Here, for example, is a message I cheerfully forward, with not a few
prayers of my own, from a deeply religious individual who is also a
stone Democrat.

John
==========

FYI.
Scroll down to  see the participants.
claudia

From: The Interfaith Alliance (Jason Gedeik)
Subject: Leave Your Lights On Election Eve
  LightsDignity
<http://www.interfaithalliance.org/images/client/lightsHumanDignity.jpg>
Lights For Human Dignity

Leave Your Lights On
Election Eve!!

Six months after reports exposed the atrocities of Abu Ghraib prison, we
continue to receive news of brutality against Iraqis, Americans and
world
citizens.  This shouts out the need for social justice and prison
reform to
bring peace both abroad and here.  We believe that social justice and
human
dignity are non-partisan issues and are the cornerstones of every
religion
throughout the world.

On Monday night, as we prepare to vote, The
<http://www.interfaithalliance.org?UID=20242B76A0E82BC39&MX=64&H=1>
Interfaith Alliance asks that people engage in the simple, powerful act
of
leaving their lights on in homes and houses of worship through dawn of
Election Day.  Let this act make a statement that you are committed to
universal values of justice and human dignity.  Let your light shine as
beacon that you are devoted to peace and justice in Iraq, in the United
States, and around the world.

Please remember to exercise your most important right of freedom and
liberty
by voting on November 2nd!

Participants:

*   Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-LA)
*   The Episcopal Church (USA)
*   Guru Gobind Singh Foundation
*   The Interfaith Alliance
*   The Interfaith Alliance of Oklahoma
*   The Interfaith Alliance of Rochester, NY
*   The Interfaith Drug Policy Initiative
*   Arun Gandhi, Founder, M.K. Gandhi Institute For Nonviolence
*   Muslim Public Affairs Council MPAC
*   National Committee of the Clergy Network
*   National Council of Churches (USA)
*   Rabbi Jack Moline, Agudas Achim Congregation, Alexandria, VA
*   Sikh Council on Religion and Education (SCORE)
*   Sikh Mediawatch and Resource Task Force (SMART)
*   Unitarian Universalist Association
*   United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

Learn more at www.lightsfordignity.org
<http://www.interfaithalliance.org/L/www.lightsfordignity.org/
index.cfm?UID=
20242B76A0E82BC39&MX=64&H=1>