[lit-ideas] Re: Vote Bush if...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:54:09 -0400

Leaving the lights on is also a protest against the coming darkness.  I
can't remember whose quotation this is, but I remember as a student
researching the effects of the Peace of Versailles and reading, "The
lights are going out all over Europe" and viscerally feeling the despair
of those desperate times.    I have lived my life in a safe and quiet
corner of the world, but that same despair now haunts my dreams.  If the
world could vote, indeed...

'Do not go gently into that good night....'
Ursula
in North Bay