[lit-ideas] Re: Vanunu's Secret

  • From: Scribe1865@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 03:25:25 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/2004 8:15:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx writes:
the American policy
regarding nuclear armaments in the Middle East. â??Hey,
you there, Iraq and Iran and Libya, stop it! Not YOU,
Israel!â??
Why should US policy be different?  Would you have wanted a nuke-toting
Saddam to have invaded Kuwait?

Do you seriously believe that MORE countries should have nukes? You don't
want to hold that number of countries steady, by whatever means, while trying
reduce stockpiles?  I mean, if we allow mass proliferation of any WMDs the
statistics will sooner or later catch up with all the Homo sapiens sapiens.