[lit-ideas] Re: Tyrtaeus, "The Spartan Creed" (7th century B. C.)

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:14:29 -0600

JL:
>>I take 'save' as a very serious verb. "Jesus saved my life", Geary said.
>>Which is paradoxical in that Jesus died before Geary was born, but that's
>>Catholicism for you.<<

That is NOT Catholicism, that is Protestantism.  Salvation through faith in
Christ alone is Luther's perversity and that of all the heretics who followed
his damnable lead.  But unus, sanctus, Catholicus et apostolicus ecclesius
teaches, and rightly so, that both faith and GOOD WORKS are need for salvation.
 It's a steep and thorny road to heaven and a hard rain's a-gonna fall before
you get there.  Please don't slur Catholicism with your heresy.

Mike Geary
"once a Catholic, always a Catholic"
Memphis