[lit-ideas] Re: Trump University: A new level in excellence?

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:12:43 -0700

> Well, he didn't exactly get where he is w/out some serious  chutzpah....

Chutzpah? Is that the name of his father?

The Trump inherited his money. And what he got, he has managed to squander in
ridiculous
investments.

Someone sent me an article this morning that writes that Paris Hilton, the
Billionaire
Heiress, is more likely Paris Hilton, the Wannabe Heiress.

First, it's not even close to a billion, only a few lousy tens of millions, and
secondly,
that's just theory because her mom should have gotten this in the divorce, but
didn't.

And when you spread the little they have among the various kids, incl. Little
Miss Paris,
it's only a few mill per kid. And these days, that's... well... pathetic.

Paris, the astute businesswoman, is remarkable among the Hilton clan for being
the only one
who actually makes money. Last year, she earned around $10m on endorsements and
TV shows. I
had wondered why an heiress felt obligated to do porn videos with a burger.

Ten million sounds like money, but the way she's spending it, it's probably
just keeping her
afloat in pink champagne.

Both the Trumpster and Paris are remarkable: pure fascade, pure show, with a
public that
unquestioningly adores them. It reminds me of someone else, in government
somewhere, but I
can't think of his name. Weed? Shrub? Something like that.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com