[lit-ideas] Re: Trilling on T. S. Eliot, III, (the Christian State)

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas " <Lit-Ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 06:49:56 -0700

Or to put it another way, Consider a sociopathic Al Gore willing to follow
his arguments to their logical conclusion:  Unless the global warming caused
by excessive numbers of humans using excessive amounts of energy and
creating excessive amounts of pollution is reversed all life will be
destroyed.  Therefore, he would argue, let us go out and kill humans enough
humans during a revolution that replaces current civilization with one that
will not further foster global warming.

The sociopathic "logical next step" is not being taught at Harvard and
Berkeley, but the other arguments are - and were in Kaczynski's day.

Lawrence