[lit-ideas] Re: "There is no such thing as philosophic logic"--LW

  • From: Phil Enns <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lit-Ideas@Freelists. Org" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:39:56 +0600

Robert Paul wrote:

"At the beginning of Wittgenstein's wartime notes published as Notebooks
1914-1916—published, that is, in 1961, and revised by its editors and
translators in i979—Wittgenstein (as translated) writes, 'Logic must take
care of itself,' and soon after calls this a most important finding (or
'most important point'; I haven't the book in front of me)."

It must in a certain sense be impossible for us to go wrong in logic. This
is already partly expressed by saying: Logic must take care of itself. This
is an extremely profound and important insight. [Cf. 5.473.] - Wittgenstein
- *Notebooks 1914-6*

Under attack by asteroids,

Phil Enns