[lit-ideas] Re: "There is no such thing as philosophic logic"--LW

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 15:00:58 +0000 (GMT)

________________________________
 From: Walter C. Okshevsky <wokshevs@xxxxxx>

>If somebody could explain to me (us) what "philosophical logic" is supposed to
be about, then perhaps I (the rest of us) could weigh in on the matter of
whether Witters was right in denying or questioning its existence, and the
possible relevance of the expresion to what he understood his book to be about.
(Not that author's have any privileged insight into the meaning of their texts
of course. Gadamer da da da! But that's just if you ask me.) >

Several of my posts have made a similar or the same point, but perhaps hope of
explanation is forlorn:

"Whereof Wittgensteinians cannot explain, thereof they shall typically remain
silent".

Donal
London