[lit-ideas] Re: The need for anti-Americanism...

  • From: "Lawrence Helm"<lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:09:07 +0000

Oh no you don't.  You can't take my use of the term out of context.  I have
this day been referring to the knee-jerk anti-Americans who always blame
America first.  If there is a conflict involving Americans, these people assume
the Americans are to blame.  Also, these people never blame the Jihadists.  We
are in a war against Islamism, but they blame America and not the murderous
Islamists.  That is the context.  Do you still want to be on my anti-American
list?

Note, I posted an article about a Swedish cartoonist. Lars Vilks (see
http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0918/p99s01-duts.html ) who created a cartoon
making fun of Mohammad.  He was immediately threatened with death.  No one on
Lit Ideas thought that interesting enough to respond to, or perhaps it is just
that this isn't really news -- it happens all the time because intrinsic in the
most popular Islamic theological position of today is the command to kill
infidels.  Mohammad says Allah commands it.  Therefore, according to this
Islamic religious position those who insult Islam or Mohammad should be killed
immediately.  The rest of us can be killed on a more casual basis.  So, who
cares?

Lawrence

From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, Sep-19-2007 10:54 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: The need for anti-Americanism...

Responding only to Lawrence's continued use of the epithet:
anti:American....

We might remind ourselves that the Germans who opposed Hitler's policies
in 1930's and 1940's Germany were villified as anti-German.   But
weren't they the ones upholding German values that the Nazis were
abandoning?    One man's freedom-fighter...and all that.

Ursula (proud to be on Lawrence's list of anti-Americans...)