[lit-ideas] Re: The Monster is dead. The monster lives!

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 19:31:33 -0600

On Jan 7, 2007, at 1:44 PM, Andreas Ramos wrote:

Brian, who doesn't understand the expression "to cry crocodile tears"

What makes you say that? Any why are you addressing your comments about me instead of to me?

Saddam was not the only major 20th century tryant to be put to trial. Brian has forgotten the Nuremberg Trials.

By the qualifier major I'm talking about a Hilter, Stalin, Pol Pot, Amin, et cetera. I think you know this but I won't speculate about what you know, unlike you, as I will show.

The issue is the restoration (or establishment) of a legal system in Iraq. Iraq must stop being a barbaric area where strongmen murder people. It must accept and obey laws. The state must act within the legal framework. That is why the US invaded Iraq.

I agree. Iraqis must stop acting barbaric and while Saddam's execution was rough justice it was still justice. And while his execution should have united the country he did so much harm to it was botched. But a few sectarian taunts before his death doesn't keep me awake at night while the Left seems seized with how horrible it is. Not how horrible his crimes were but the few words he had hurled at him before his death.

Brian can't understand the meaning of this, nor grasp the implications. He neither understands what he sees, nor understands the context of what he sees.

I'm glad I have someone like to you to gently show me where I'm wrong.

Add to that his lack of knowledge of history and his fumbling of metaphors, and you get his confused statements.

What fumbled metaphors?  What confused statements?