[lit-ideas] Re: The "Losing" of Latin America

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 20:53:06 EST

In a message dated 2/11/2006 7:42:21 P.M. Central Standard Time,
lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

But he  doesnât say quite what he wants us to do about these new
âprogressive
â  regimes.

HI,
Well, I hope he doesn't do anything to Venezuela!

They're the only oil company who, when appealed to, decided to assist the
poor whose heating bills are being cut off.

The others, Exxon and the like, said it was up to the government.   (though
they are in the forefront of saying the government shouldn't give  entitlements
to anyone...)

This after the major oil companies of this country whined to our government
about how oil was to be considered a 'national security issue' and the little
oil company owners who were trying to sell their company to Chinese investors
 were not supposed to be able to do so. (the USA oil companies went to our
legislature and stopped the sale-when really they didn't want to deal with
competition and certainly smacks of corporate welfare to me...)  But,  taking
care of their own (ie the US public), esp the working poor, is not a  national
security or even social responsibility issue...

But at least the government of Venezuela cares for our working poor and
regular popr...so maybe that is why he doesn't know what to do with them!
Maybe
they're just FINE even if they are a bit different than us and Corporate
America Which Runs Our Joint...

Marlena
worried about those who cannot pay their bills and are not and have not
gotten raises for the last couple of years (which is the majority of the people
know ... )