[lit-ideas] Re: The History of Analytic Philosophy in Russia

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 13:44:18 EDT

Thanks, O. K. -- and I do apologise. I never meant to be rude.
Anyway, I hurry with this reply. I don't WANT to see 'philosophy' mispelled
 in the header, so please, if someone replies to W. O., do correct. I feel
an  illiterate in having starting the thread.
Cheers,

JLS
  Buenos Aires, Argentina

---

In a message dated 7/2/2009 1:16:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wokshevs@xxxxxx writes:
Myriad implications of JL's questions notwithstanding  - not all of them
reputable, I fear - I wish to state publicly that the  material
remunerations
bestowed upon me by employing institutions hardly  count as a "wage" - as
in a
"living wage." I am reduced to leading a most  humble eksistence, driving a
10
yr. old Volvo, barely supporting my children  in Montreal and Bremen, able
buy philosophy books written only by Bergson,  Berdyaev and Iggy, and, the
ultimate humiliation, forced to drink blended  Irish whiskey, even on Canada
Day. Fortunately, none of this has anything to  do with the enthusiasm
expressed
by my students, either for philosophy or for  refurbishing my supplies of
requisite pedagogical libation. And, needless to  say, no student ever
gifted me
with a T-shirt (s)he was wearing at the time,  be it grue or not.

Walter O
In blossom country (for another few days  at least)

**************Dell Summer Savings: Cool Deals on Popular Laptops – Shop
Now!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222696924x1201468348/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D1)