[lit-ideas] Re: The History of Analytic Philosophy in Russia

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 15:39:15 -0230

Russia has not produced any philosophy as I understand the discipline.
Philosophy, understood as a univocal term, is a transcendental form of inquiry.
Russian writers typically attempt to fuse "philosophical" considerations with
literary (aesthetic) themes. Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Chekhov (no, not the fellah
from Star Trek), Turgenev, Berdyaev, etc. were responding to existential
dimensions of the human condition. History and love simply overcame their
rational autonomy.

Valodsya

Quoting Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx:

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222696924x1201468348/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D1)