[lit-ideas] Re: The Gold Panning Prank

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:45:04 -0000

David suggests an alternative sign:

"Please do not disturb the salmon while fucking."

Ignoring the possibility of mild concern expressed by parents, I have to bring
David's attention to the alternative readings of the sign - to put it somewhat
starkly: Who's doing the fucking. But he knew that already I'd guess.

[...]

Getting back to the gold panning, I've come up with a list of interview
opportunities when the TV cameras arrive. They include the afore-mentioned
gnarly prospector, the emeritus geology professor to discuss the theoretical
side of the gold seam, two or more ancient locals talking in a broad Devon
accent, the local farmer fuming over trespass episodes (Oi ge' orf moi
laaarnd), to be finished off with a pub full of wags downing thier fourth pint
of jail.

Simon