[lit-ideas] Re: The Gold Panning Prank

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:15:18 -0000

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Beurocracy - first I'll learn how to spell it ... yes, bureaucracy, now there's an outlet. Like most advanced countries we have an actively petty bureaucratic tradition that will have the desk-based peeps riled at the thought of the plebs issuing their own licenses. So there's certainly mileage in a back story centred around protracted disagreements with the local authorities. Then there's the Parish Council, Tavistock Town Council, West Devon Council, Health & Safety; that's a lot of invitations and you just know there'll be that one body that takes it seriously. Which I suppose is the point.

Eric Dean's nod towards a documentary certainly has potential and might well provide some funds into the community, but I worry that it would take too much organising - more than the three odd months available. The option I'd thought of was local TV looking for an April Fool opportunity, hence all the interview options.

As for the craggy man, I've got a specific person in mind. We'll blacken his teeth up and he'll give a toothy grin as he holds his fake nugget up to the camera. Shouldn't need to say a word.

More to come, no doubt.

Simon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>