[lit-ideas] Re: The Essence of This

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 19:54:48 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
Sent: Oct 8, 2004 2:15 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: The Essence of This

You really need to look into Negative Theology -- it's
right  up your path.

A.A. I looked it up, used google, and wound up on some atheist sites.  Very
interesting.  Negative theology is explaining God through what he isn't, which
turns out to be contradiction in terms.  I don't see how that would help me
except to reinforce my own unbelief.  There was another site that listed a
bunch of atheist sites where atheists could get together, like support groups I
guess.  Kind of like vegetarians getting together to discuss not eating meat.
I always thought that was humorous.  One thing the seach did do was give me
incentive to read Ecclesiates, since apparently Eccelsiastes is on
meaninglessness.  How about a support group for meaninglessness?  People could
get together and wonder why they're there.  Oops, almost time for the debate.

Breaking out the ol nachos,
Andy Amago

And no, you can't read a verse or two.  If you're going
to read any of Ecc. and not die you have to read it all in one sitting.
Don't ask me why.  It's just how it is.  Ask Erin.  She probably  knows.

Julie Krueger

========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: The Essence of
This  Date: 10/8/04 12:16:18 PM Central Daylight Time  From:
_aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) , _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx