[lit-ideas] Re: The Deeds of Joshua

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 13:00:06 +0100

Yericho, as the archaelogists tell us, was destroyed centuries before the
time the Conquest is supposed to have taken place. But this raises
questions as to when the conquest is supposed to have taken place. It was
destroyed at some point and by someone.

I am well prepared to accept that the Conquest did not take place exactly
in the manner described in the Book of Joshua - which was written at least
half a milennium after the purported events - but I am inclined to think
that something like that did happen.

O.K.