[lit-ideas] Re: The Bear

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:44:09 -0400

>>Mr. Bear isn't your friend, Eric.

Hence the 12-gauge loaded with slugs (aka "punkin balls"). Black bears hardly ever attack humans, unless one comes between a mom and her cubs.

I had noticed (what I thought was) a wide deer bed in the tall grass up there. When I saw the bear I wanted to learn if the bear was using that spot. Sure enough, that's where it was sitting. The clown of the woods, holding solitary court under an old Jefferson Apple tree. Have nicknamed him Hilly.