[lit-ideas] Sunday Poems in the News

  • From: Eric Yost <NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:07:45 -0500

A curious Jesus.
Charming, that.

_______

CHRIST ACTUALLY SAVED SPACE ALIENS!

[Right Hand of the Father-AP] In a startling discovery announced by
National Enquirer reporter Dunce Scotus Monday, it was revealed that
Cosmic Messiah Jesus Christ was crucified, died, buried, and reborn to
guarantee eternal life to the creatures inhabiting CETI-3 Alpha, a small
planet orbiting Spica in the constellation Virgo.

"When I said 'Father forgive them, they know not what they do,' I really
meant it," Christ told reporters Monday.

Mr. Christ, who is best known as the sacrificial love-advocating,
prophecy-culminating member of the Trinity known as the Son of God,
first achieved acclaim during the Jesus-Satan debates in the desert.

Though human cooperation in the scenario leading to CETI-3 Alpha's
salvation is seen as a positive, no information is available on
salvation plans for earth dwellers.