[lit-ideas] Speranzaid

  • From: jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 08:15:19 -0500

Have just sent and e-mail to L. K. Helm, and foregetting to change the
subject-line, which would be ununderstandable to the listers, so just call it,
"Speranzaid".

Yes, I´m on holiday, or vacation as I prefer (the Greeks never _had_ a holiday;
all days were celebrations for Bacchus) and enjoying every ambrosia of it.

Been entertained in the tent by reading L. K. Helm´s ever literary and flowing
posts on the Classical Tradition, which would be a delight to reply and I
possibly will. Have also been pleasantly surprised by J. M. Geary´s
"Speranzaid" -- an excellent title, I must say, but which the author preferred
to insert in a post which, with Irish minimization strategies, called "a little
dtty".

Yes, been at the swimming pool, and doing other things, too -- will keep you
post when I return.

And Geary, and Helm, and Paul, and Yost, and McCreery, -- but especially Geary
-- You still have hundreds of posts to reply. Do a search in Lit-Idea and look
for your name. Usually, the collocation will be, "But as (Geary, Helm, Paul,
Yost, ...) will NOT agree...". That was just meant as a colloquialism to keep
the conversation going, and you should NOT let a post that quotes you go pass
unnoticed like that. It´s even rude.

Keep the poetry flowing, and drop the eventual academic thing to.

Love to all (Philia).               J. L. Speranza, reachable at his usual St.
Michael address
,

http://webmail.aol.com