[lit-ideas] Re: Special Offer

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:21:59 -0700

I have said good things about Macs in the past.  The company now seems to
have gone bonkers.

Why, you would ask if you could see this computer limping like a damaged
dog, have you not installed the whizzy new operating system that you bought?
The blooming thing keeps crashing so install, install.

Ha!

I opened the Tiger's box, found that they had sent me a DVD that my computer
can't read and so called Apple's help line.  Hold, hold, music, music.  A
fellow named David comes on and explains that Apple knows of this error and
has a solution.  You go to Apple.com and download an "exchange form" and
then you fill it out, send in the DVD and they send you CDs.  What he failed
to mention is that they call this cumbersome procedure "an offer," ask that
you photocopy the form, a proof of purchase, and the DVD, (maybe your
grandmother's birth certificate too, for luck) and then they charge you an
extra ten dollars on top of the original purchase price!  It's called a
"media exchange offer," and it's valid only through December.  Hurry to get
it while it lasts.

Hurrumph.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon