[lit-ideas] Short Sabbattical

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:11:00 -0500

I love life.  I love that it can be lived so preciously close to the bone and
so frivolously esoteric and both be just as meaningful.  I love that in poverty
there can be such great dignity and in melting wealth as well.  "'Jesus wept.'
And no wonder by Christ.'"  Joyce.  Ulysses.  I've always loved that line.  I
first wrote "lived that line" -- just as good.  I love this list and in some
ways I live it.  I love its range of voices.  I live its contradictions.  But I
have a couple of big jobs coming up that will take me away for two or three
weeks.  I'm just warning you all that though you might not see my name, I'm
still among you, reading you when I can, and though I might not be contributing
for a spell, don't let your guard down.  Do not speak evil of me.  I will get
you.  God will get you.  God takes care of His own.

Mike Geary
Memphis