[lit-ideas] Savvy Thereabouts

  • From: Lionpainter <lionpainter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 18:00:53 -0500

When literary works and concepts are so completely enjoyable and well
conceived, such as yours, and as poignant, and beautiful as Lawrence's poetry,
I am rendered almost speechless. Further, I am in awe of the complex and
highly developed writings of Esperanza and Mike Geary and others, and again,
hope that each of you know that your writings are brilliant and unique.

I have been so inspired by the chickens and their conversations that I've been
painting them; 4 paintings so far. I would hope that your "Hereabouts" is on
your publishing agenda, as it should be shared with a far wider audience. Let
not our silence discourage you. Your anthropomorphic supernaturalism is a joy!

"People are quiet when I post my contributions. These do appear often, the
contribs. Not the responses. I do hope I have not become annoying. As one
ages—let the record show that I have not become really serious about that
particular project yet— such issues become harder to assess. Of course the
list is largely composed of old fogies, so why worry? "

Sherrie, the Chicken Painter
In Wake Forest, NC

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of
the world." --John Muir

Sent from my iPad