[lit-ideas] Re: Savvy Thereabouts

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 20:02:35 -0600

Well now, no one has ever said that I produce "complex and highly developed
writings" before now. I thought I was the only one who recognized my
writings as such. Let me respond to Lionpainter's post by saying that it
takes genius to recognize brilliant and unique writing. And, of course,
"it takes one to know one" as we were wont to say in grammar school (we
were wise even beyond our own reckoning back then). Be it ever so fitting
then that I welcome your genius and brilliance and uniqueness to the club,
Madame Sherrie Lionpainter. And yes, were it not for David's sociological
and scatological studies of chickens and chicken culture we would all be so
much the less compassionate and understanding of how fowl existence can be
and were David not there to interpret their fowl language, then we would be
bereft of the wisdom and richness of all the fowl creatures. Indeed this
list is a living testament to something or other. Keep reading, if for no
other reason than it's good for the eyes (or so they say).

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Lionpainter <lionpainter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When literary works and concepts are so completely enjoyable and well
conceived, such as yours, and as poignant, and beautiful as Lawrence's
poetry, I am rendered almost speechless. Further, I am in awe of the
complex and highly developed writings of Esperanza and Mike Geary and
others, and again, hope that each of you know that your writings are
brilliant and unique.

I have been so inspired by the chickens and their conversations that I've
been painting them; 4 paintings so far. I would hope that your "Hereabouts"
is on your publishing agenda, as it should be shared with a far wider
audience. Let not our silence discourage you. Your anthropomorphic
supernaturalism is a joy!

"People are quiet when I post my contributions. These do appear often,
the contribs. Not the responses. I do hope I have not become annoying. As
one ages—let the record show that I have not become really serious about
that particular project yet— such issues become harder to assess. Of
course the list is largely composed of old fogies, so why worry? "

Sherrie, the Chicken Painter
In Wake Forest, NC

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the
rest of the world." --John Muir

Sent from my iPad