[lit-ideas] Re: Saddam supporters vow revenge on US, Shi'ites

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:46:35 -0500

Andreas: It's a distortion of what happened (which you can watch at YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpOI2vgfpO4 )

What I find exceedingly funny about this is that on the right-hand side of the YouTube front end, where all the 'specs' of the video are shown, it says "Category: Comedy".

Also, to me, there could only be, if you were to object to 'ghoulishness', exactly two objectionable frames in this 2:37 video. The lead up, with him standing on the trapdoor, is no more objectionable to showing someone being strapped down to a electric chair or a lethal injection gurney. Or, by extension led to the chamber, or kept in solitary for 20 years, or sentenced in the first place.... OH, I get it now.

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada