[lit-ideas] Re: Russian Strangelove Nukes Still Armed Says Expert

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:28:07 -0400

<To paraphrase the old hunter-and-bear joke, this
isn't about bombing the moon, is it? Probably
another demonstration of the emerging
don't-mess-with-our-deep-space-satellites
technology, used as a pointed message to the Chinese.>

I hope you are right Eric. Our military has been involved in the space program from the beginning. My belief is that it is an important step in weaponizing space. If they find water on the moon, they will have permanent military as well as scientific personnel there. It used to be first the guns then the missionaries. Now it's first the scientists then the military.

Thanks for posting Andrei Codrescu. He is wonderful on this and everything else he writes.

Veronica

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Yost" <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>