[lit-ideas] Re: Russian Strangelove Nukes Still Armed Says Expert

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:15:09 -0400

Julie: Having, apparently, used up potential sites on earth, we have now "successfully" bombed another body.

To paraphrase the old hunter-and-bear joke, this isn't about bombing the moon, is it? Probably another demonstration of the emerging don't-mess-with-our-deep-space-satellites technology, used as a pointed message to the Chinese.

Meanwhile Facebook pal Andrei Codrescu has this to say:

Bombing Moon Gives New Meaning To Lunatics
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113677780