[lit-ideas] Re: Purpose of the "Literature and Ideas" List with the Digest and Archive

  • From: "Frances Kelly" <frances.kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lit-ideas digest users" <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:47:29 -0400

Frances to listers...
Other listers here have kindly stated for me the purpose of the
Literature and Ideas List with its digest and archive, for which a
note of thanks is extended.

Stan Spiegel however wrote...
You're a curious phenomenon coming out of nowhere to evaluate this
listserv. You don't tell us who you are, where you're coming from, and
who authorized this review of lit-ideas. You don't provide
documentation to support your conclusions. You just spout off. You
speak like an invisible god in the sky, looking down on us from 30,000
feet up or one who comes from another planet and looks through a
distorted lens. Are you a member of this listserv? Where do you live
and work? What kind of work do you do? Give us some perspective on who
you are. How can you participate more fruitfully than with your
disparaging remarks?
Frances to Stan...
You are overstating my intent and also missing my point, which is
mainly about the internet use of open websites and free listserves to
discuss serious topics. In any event, it is the message that is
important and not the messenger, because stupid persons can make smart
statements and smart persons can make stupid statements, thereby
making the statement the proper object of address or attack.

John McCreery then partly wrote in effect...
I resemble an intelligent literate persons with reasonable literary
goals. Here's a poem dedicated just to you to prove it: IN PRAISE OF
THE ARCHIVES dedicated to Francis Kelly.
Frances to John...
My female name as previously posted is clearly spelled "Frances" with
an "e" which is mentioned here publicly in the interests of your
literate competence and performance.