[lit-ideas] Re: Punitive Expeditions

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 14:49:44 -0400

>>This is getting ugly.

It sure is. Starting threads with titles like "Helm's World" and singling people out always leads to nasty chat.

Nobody has a right to get that nasty. Me first in shutting up on the nasty front.

On the other hand, I won't let hypocrites badmouth reasonable posters. Lawrence is much more reasonable than I am. He seldom if ever "barks" at people, and threads like "Helm's World" constitute a sort of online lynching.

We have different points of view. People should get over it. The challenge is to enlighten each other by that difference rather than to exterminate and humiliate the other.