[lit-ideas] Progressive Muslims

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 14:34:54 EST

Hi,
Speaking of Islamic law and how they might rule the world...is  this a bit
different from the traditional type of law (Sharia) that I keep hearing that
ALL
Islamists want  to institute?

I'd be curious to  know the differences...they have listed on their website a
constitution that  they say would be healthy...if they were in charge (I
gather).

Develop a Working Constitution &  System.
This is the  Key difference that makes PM stand out from all the movements
that have called for a return to the path of God Alone. PM has put together all
 the legal verses from the Quran to produce a vibrant and dynamic
Constitution,  system of government, and laws based on the system of God.

Also--have you read  this book (published by the Progressive Muslim folk
themselves--probably because  like that of the emergent Christian movement,
they
have been somewhat locked out  of many markets...?

Best,
Marlena
(thinking that LH  needs to remember that what we see is often what we
get--just because you don't  see/hear of the progressive/liberal/moderate
Muslim
writings does NOT  necessarily mean they do not exist-often if they are by
small
presses, or  contrary to what the 'popular' sensational viewpoints are, they
won't get  reviewed by the ones who either need a common 'enemy' or who
discount it because  it is published by not-in-the-mainstream...)
The Natural Republic : A Guide to Muslim Advancement into the 21st  Century
(Paperback)

Book Description
The Natural  Republic tackles the most controversial of issues to bring out
the answers  of what has happened to the state of Muslims, while presenting a
viable and  realistic solution to move forward
After 1,400 years of the Quran's revelation, and after being role models for
humankind with advancement in every aspect of life and science; Muslim
nations  have regressed to become weak, dysfunctional, and problematic.
The Natural Republic is written by Muslims, for Muslims, to bring  about a
proper understanding of the model of Islam and, through the  implementation of
the system and constitution outlined in this book, to return  its followers to
become productive societies and role models for humankind.
To many Muslims, what will be revealed in The Natural Republic may be
disturbing to established beliefs and practices. However, unless we are willing
realize our mistakes and make amends, there will be no other way for us to
move forward.
"That is because God was not to change any blessings He had given a  people,
except if they had changed what was in themselves. God is Hearer,
Knowledgeable." (Quran 8:53)