[lit-ideas] Re: Prof Manners

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:30:56 -0500

I was forty-nine once. But I've since put away the things of my childhood. But, yes, some part of youth could do with a bit of manners. I have students address me in email with 'Hey..." What are they thinking?
They're clearly not...

Reminds me of the young barbarians in 'Hair"
Not a manner between the lot of them.
Ursula

david ritchie wrote:

I am reminded today of a Jacques Brel song, "Les Bourgeois." When last I heard it sung, I was about the same age as the young rebels of the first verse and I laughed at the stuck-up old guys in the second verse. (For the words see http://www.emt.it/broca/broca77/ brel.html). And now here I am, forty nine years old, Herr Doktor Fullprofessor, thinking that some part of youth could do with a lesson in manners.