[lit-ideas] Re: Pre-Sequeling

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:40:49 EDT

 torgfje2@xxxxxxxxxx quotes my

and writes:

>I got this.

Quotes my

> 2.
> For an event e1 taking place in t1, a PRE-sequel of e1 involves an
> event e2 taking place in t2, such that t1 > t2.

and writes:

"Was this supposed to be "For an event e-1..."? Teleologically it appears
as if the numbers should be reversed (so that t2>t1, ie attributing the
pre-sequel with a smaller number)?"

Right. Sorry for the typo.

quotes my:

writes:

>Fine.

quotes my

writes:

>huh?
Okay. What I meant to say is that a pre-sequel is a report of an event that
relates to ANOTHER report of ANOTHER event, such that the presequel report
post-dates the original report, while the event reported in the presequel
PRE-dates the event reported in the original report.

Perhaps Geary or Paul may help me formalize that?

Cheers,

JL