[lit-ideas] Re: Portugal opens major solar power plant

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:43:53 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Actually, something weird just happened to me.  I pretty much had decided that
heat pumps, etc. were not feasible but I had a call back from the last vendor.
We talked about energy sources, the state of oil and all kinds of related
things.  We had a long conversation, at the end of which he said to me, you
sound well read on this.  I said, yeah, well, sometimes it's less stressful to
know less, ha ha, at which point he proceeded to offer me a job selling for him
in my area.  I was stunned.  Needless to say I declined the offer but I'm still
reeling.  That's the weirdest thing that I think ever happened to me.  I mean,
other than the time I saw the little green guy floating outside my window on
the airplane.  Isn't it always that way, when you least expect it ...

Regarding your suggestion, I once came across an organization called the Church
of Euthanasia (or something like that).  Their belief is that it's the
obligation of everyone to commit suicide to save the planet, seriously.  No
doubt it's a small congregation, most of the members are dead.