[lit-ideas] Re: Portugal opens major solar power plant

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 01:42:06 EDT

We heat with a wood stove.  If it gets entirely frigid, because the  heat
does not disseminate well from the family room back to the bedrooms, we use
the
occasional space heater (electric).  When we moved into this house 11  years
ago, we spent one winter heating with the gas furnace.  Gas bills  that winter
were $500 to $600 a month (and that was, remember, a decade  ago).  We
installed the wood stove and can heat an entire winter for  roughly $700.
However,
it does not circulate heat well -- pockets, in the  house, of heat and cold.  I
have long lusted after a pellet stove (no more  indoor ash mess!  Good house
circulation of heat!) but the cost is  prohibitive.

Julie Krueger