[lit-ideas] Re: 'P' For Poetry Month (13th)

  • From: Chris Bruce <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:22:30 +0200

Once again the gremlins hit. Damn.

The title of my 'offering' should read:

'P' for Poetry Month (13th)
  - A Word or Two ...

(For some reason this listserv does not like
Macintosh-generated ellipses, and replaced
the one in my title with "=85".  Although
"A Word or Two =85" has a certain ring to it,
the ellipsis in the title is integral ....)

I am presuming that this is the only transcription
error, and have reproduce the thing as it should read
below.

Discussion to follow (as are my responses to
comments, etc., on last week's Ringelnatz
offerings; many thanks to all for those -
sometimes I just can't keep up with the pace
of/in this medium).

Chris Bruce
Kiel, Germany

On 13. Apr 2005, at 22:37, Chris Bruce
*actually* wrote:

'P' For Poetry Month (13th)
   - A Word or Two ...

For P makes nothing happen: it survives
in the valley of its making

P may in no way interfere with the actual

it can in the end only describe it.

It leaves everything as it is.

It is the business of P,
not to resolve a contradiction by means of a

discovery, but to make it possible for us
to get a clear view of the state

that troubles us; the state of affairs
*before* the contradiction is resolved.

(And this does not mean
that one is sidestepping a difficulty.)

P simply puts everything before us,
and neither explains nor deduces anything.
- Since everything lies open to view
there is nothing to explain.

If one were to advance *theses* in P,
it would never be possible to to debate them,
because everybody would agree to them.

Chris Bruce
Kiel, Germany