[lit-ideas] Outside the self

  • From: Torgeir Fjeld <torgeir_fjeld@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:43:05 +0100 (BST)

"Mike is right, you know," Beanie squeaked with an intensity that he could only
have known would serves as a further annoyance.
"About what?" said I, pretending ignorance, studying the personal ads in the
New
Scotland Times, and sucking up the fragrance of French teak wood, which was
used
a-plenty in the Vietnamese establishment we frequented in the outskirts of
Regensburg.
"About that there's only them psychopaths that believe in inner self," Beanie
said.
"What do you mean?" asked I.
"A true and awakened approach to the self will always or even all ways need to
acknowledge that their ain't none."
"Yes, yes, I know that, don't mistyfi," I said.
"OK, I'll cut a long story. The end of the mirror stage ushers in the rise of
primordial jealousy and an inauguration into the social I," Beanie said.
"What!?" said I.
"Or else there's paranoiac alienation. That's where them psycopaths come from.
They think they're ain't none love."
"Thinking to their self," said I.
"Yup," Beanie said.
"Youp," said I.