[lit-ideas] Re: Old Phil-Lit...

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:19:01 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I like Larry Kramer's version better.  I think Pliny the elder is also the one
who said, kids today just aren't like they were in his day.  He also said, and
this is from a Pliny quote site, "In these matters the only certainty is that
nothing is certain."  I always thought that was Nietzsche, Nothing endures but
change.  Not really the same.