[lit-ideas] Re: Oh, Take me to FrankLand!

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 11:50:40 -0800

The idea of Mexicans in Norway, or Norwegians in Californ--, er, Mexico is
pretty amusing.

The Germans have an expression for absurd ideas: "It's like growing pineapples in
Alaska."

(Historical note: The phrase was first said by Franz-Josef Strauss, the classical music composer, who amusingly said, when asked if he like to be the Musikkammerkanzler in Bonn: "Ich würde lieber Ananas in Alaska anpflanzen.")

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Chase" <goya@xxxxxxx>